Sunday, October 12, 2008

What do I think about this painting?


I believe this painting was painted by Nikolaos Gyzis and to me this painting symbolizes hope because the girl seems to have teary eyes and she is looking up as if she was asking for hope. It also looks like the girl is waiting for something and is very nervous because it looks like she's playing with her hair. The shadowing and the painting in general, reminded me of someone outside the class of detention. When I googled old Greek pictures this painting got my attention because of its shadowing, her face shape, her eye catching dress, and the way she is playing with her hair like if she was in some kind of trouble. Her book and her dress remind me of a catholic school because they kind of dress like her and the book because it's a school.

No comments: