Tuesday, May 26, 2009

3 W.E.X. Stories

1.)
2.)
3.)
1.)Used To
I used to think that speakers were called bousines when I was around 5 to 6 years old. Yes,pretty dumb right? Well you might be asking yourself, why?Why, because when I was younger I was barely learning how to speak English and my Spanish kept getting mixed up with my English. In Spanish speakers means bosinas so what I did was a mixture of bosinas into a spanglish word. So how did I figure out that it wasn't bousines? You're probably thinking that as I grew and I went to school I figured out that it wasn't bousines. Well, actually it wasn't because of that.

My older brother, Jose, said, "Subele a la musica por favor." I simply said,"Okay." I walked towards the radio and turned the volume up. "Louder,"my brother replied looking at the food he was asking. I turned it up louder and exclaimed"The bousines are going to pop!"since the music was so loud so I turned the music down because I couldn't hear what my brother was saying. When the volume of the radio was low enough for me to hear his voice, I looked at him and inquired,"What did you say?" I was confused. Did he not hear what I said?

I replied to the silence, "I said, bousines are going to pop." He laughed so hard and I couldn't understand why. "Why are you laughing?" I curiously asked. "Do you realize what you just said?"he giggled. "Yes, I said bousines what's so wrong about that and why?"I said leaning against the wall confused. "It's not bousines, it's speakers." He told my sister about it, then my sister told her friend, and it spread until almost everyone I knew had known about what had happened. I was so embarrassed at first, but as I grew, I started to get over it and instead laughed about.

2.)
Time Machine

After hours of traveling through time, my group and I finally liked a place that had the best view that we had ever seen. We took of our protection helmets and grabbed our laser swords. My glasses helped me see the place so much better since they were meant to help you see better in other planets. We all took our first step outside as we noticed that there was not a single living thing around us. “Look around C. J. Have you ever seen anything like this before? This is magnificent,” one of my group members said amazed.

I looked around and felt like I was stepping on cotton candy or in feathered stuffed pillow. The ground was so soft that I just wanted to lie down in the ground and fall asleep. Our confidence grew and we started to walk around. The view was spectacular! There were healthy green trees on my left hand side, a beach that had the clearest water in which I had never seen, and to my right hand side there were trees again.

My group and I decided to examine the water before we could touch it since we were all eager to go inside. After several minutes of examinations the water, we found out the water was 100% clean. This made a lot of sense since we had realized before that there wasn’t a single living thing so there was a greater chance of the water being clean than dirty. We felt great jollification when we decided to jump into the water. I touched the water with my toes to check the water a second time before I got in. Then we realized that it wasn’t so cool after all because we were alone in a place that we did not know of.


3.)Charlotte

Charlotte’s nostrils flared as Luz glared. The battle was on. Zoom! Charlotte ran towards Luz faster than light itself. When Charlotte got to where Luz was at, she looked around trying to find Luz. She felt victorious thinking that Luz had chickened out, but what she didn’t know was that Luz had shrunk. Since Luz had shrunk as small as an atom, Charlotte had started walking away with a huge grin. BAM! Luz had un-shrunk and hit Charlotte on her leg with a two by four piece of wood. Charlotte didn’t feel anything since her legs were made out of metal.

No comments: